Super Duper Moisturizing Deep Conditioner and revisiting my wigs!


Ah! How I love Mondays! I get to actually rest and think clearly and not be worried about late coming staff, the heat, the generator or how to get fuel (these last couple of weeks have been especially trying what with the fuel scarcity and someone's bright idea to give a directive that fuel should not be sold into jerry cans. I mean, in a country where we practically provide our own power, you'd think someone somewhere would be sensible enough before making directives such as these. Or are we supposed to carry our generators to the Fuel Stations??!)

Anyhoo, so I decided to give my hair some pampering (my hair hasn't been washed in 2 weeks) and what with the heat, all that sweat from bootcamp and all the oils and stuff I've been using to combat the dryness I was experiencing, there was a little bit of a funk going on deep down in the roots lol!

I want to braid my hair again for the next 8 weeks (hopefully) so I knew I was due for some proper cleansing and deep conditioning to fortify my hair.

My stash of Shea Butter
So I did a cleanse with my Optimum Therapy shampoo to get rid of all the gunk, and proceeded to mix up some deep conditioner with plenty oils to give it some added penetrative effect, moisture and shine.


This time I melted down some shea butter and added my usuals - coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil (these 3 oils are known to penetrate through the hair shaft, moisturizing and healing the hair from within) a few drops of rosemary and peppermint (growth stimulants) and a bit of my extra dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil ( thickening and growth)

I love love love this Coconut Oil!

After rinsing off my 'poo, I tied my hair up in an old t shirt ( stopped using towels on my hair 3 years ago as the rough fibers are abrasive on hair and the smoothness of the t shirt is more gentle on our strands)



slathered on my deep conditioner and covered my hair in a plastic cap for about 4 hours. Rinsed off, did an ACV rinse to close my cuticles and impart shine. Somewhere in the middle of all this I remembered I had to go to the bank and it was past 3. I wasn't going to do a wash and go but I needed something convenient. Then it hit me! I had a few wigs lying around which I hadn't worn in close to 8 or more months - why not throw one on? And throw one on I did! And fell in love with it all over again! lol

There's something about the convenience of protective styling with a wig - you still have full access to your hair but at the same time you don't have to do any styling manipulation.

I was inspired at this point! (Have I said before how impulsive I am? lolll) So from the bank I go to Ebeano supermarket and found this gorgeous hot red Bob for 2,000! I didn't have to be told twice!


So I shall be re introducing my wigs back to society :) for one, my hair will be tucked away under my wig cap - all nice and moisturized and will not need to be suffering in this weather.

The braids can come later :)




2 comments

  1. Waoh! First time visitor and just to drop a word of encouragement.
    I love how simple your description of the oils you mixed up together are and with the pictures I feel like I can actually locate them. Most of the time other blogs end up confusing me.
    Will be sure to go through all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I like simple loll it makes life so much easier. Have fun reading through and if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer! xo

      Delete