Switching Up My Products - Loving Me Some Mielle Organics and Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade.



I'd heard a lot of good stuff about the Mielle Organics range of products and back in April when I went for the Natural Hair Show in Atlanta, I bought a couple of their products and been using them ever since. I initially bought just the Deep Conditioner and their mint oil and I really really like them! I've since bought some more and have decided to make them staples in my regimen.


Babbasu Oil And Mint Conditioner

'Our new Babassu oil and Mint Deep conditioning protein/moisture replenisher will restore dry and damaged hair. This native Amazonian palm fruit is high in sterols and tocopherols which are healthy for the hair and scalp. Enriched with fatty acids that provide a rich softeness to the hair. Derived from natural oils and cetearyl alcohol which helps reduce frizz and fly-aways. This deep conditioner is filled with two complex amino acids from wheat, soy and other natural sources that actually mimic the function of hair amino acids helping to restore the function and moisture to damaged and dry hair. Safe to use on color treated hair'.



This is probably my favorite one out of all their products. The strong mint sensation makes my scalp tingle in the most delicious way and my hair is always left soft yet strong. Moreso, since I'm on a protective style regime, I deep condition monthly now and the protein and moisture mix works perfectly to rejuvenate my hair before I put it into the next protective style.




Mint Almond Oil

This leaves my hair oh so soft! It contains Soybean Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Peppermint Oil and the combination seems to be just right for my hair in terms of the way it leaves it soft upon application. The peppermint oil also gives a nice soothing feeling. (You know I've always liked peppermint oil anyways)


Organic White Peony Leave In Conditioner

This leave in is very moisturizing yet quite lightweight so leaves my hair very moisturized without feeling weighed down. I like it because it's perfect for those wash days when I need my hair to be at least 80% dry the following morning after wash night.


Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade

I LOVE this!!! It contains castor seed oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, organic coconut oil, mango seed butter cocoa seed butter, olive oil, hemp seed oil, candelila wax, broccoli seed oil and fragrance. It's such a yummy mix and when I use it on freshly washed, damp to almost dry hair, it helps to further stretch my hair (in plaits or twists) and leaves my hair soft, full looking and shiny.



Last night, I shampooed my  hair then deep conditioned with the Babbasu oil and mint deep conditioner. I made sure to detangle while my hair was soaked in conditioner - using a Denman brush. I made sure I didn't undo my twists when rinsing out the conditioner so my detangling efforts weren't jettisoned. Then applied my leave in and mint oil, put the hair back in twists making sure to band the base first to stretch the roots.


After twisting, I pinned them across my scalp to further stretch my hair, put on my satin bonnet and went to bed. This morning, I took down the twists and saw that the hair was stretched but about 90% dry. So I applied the burnt sugar pomade from root to tip paying particular attention to the ends and put it back in twists again.


My hair is feeling very nice and loved!

I'm definitely going to be sticking to these products. I've definitely seen my hair improve in texture and feel over the last couple of months. Whoop whoop!

2 comments