Caring For My Crochet Braids.


Love this stuff! 

So I've had my current crochet braids in for about 2 weeks and my daily regimen has consisted mainly of refreshing the extensions with this refresher braid spray from Dark and Lovely, moisturizing my own hair with the Tropic Isle Leave in and oiling my scalp every other day with my oil mix (Extra dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E oil, Burdock Oil and a few drops of Rosemary, Peppermint and Lavender Essential Oils).


 I decided that this time around though  that unlike the last crochet braids I had in, I'd add a  proper wash to my regimen and see how it would go. Seeing as this hair has a curly pattern, I (rightly) assumed that it would take well to water.




Diluted Shampoo

So what I did was get a spritz bottle, dilute some shampoo in it by adding a few squirts of my Design Essentials Curl Cleanser to 80% water and then parted my hair, spraying the diluted shampoo all over my scalp while massaging  in to dislodge any dirt.

I went under the shower, rinsed it all out and then diluted some conditioner in the spritz bottle and repeated the process but this time concentrated the conditioner mix on my hair rather than my scalp.
Conditioner I used

After waiting a while, I rinsed it all out and was left with a clean scalp, conditioned hair and extensions that were soft and tangle free!

Wet, washed hair

I then ran some Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse through the wet strands of hair so the curls would clump together, minimizing any chance of frizziness and voila!

I absolutely enjoyed the whole process - no fuss and I didn't have to deal with any adverse reaction the hair may have had with being washed.


I'm officially in love with this hair!

Till my next post

xoxoxo

2 comments

  1. I've never heard of the first product mentioned. I am definitely going to have to give that a try!

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVE MAVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!!! They have a whole range dedicated to braids and weaves - you could also try the other products in the line

      Delete